Manual Handling Course
Moving / lifting objects alone, with a partner, or with lifting aids
This course is aimed at anyone who requires a course in manual handling and is ideal for all workplace requirements. The course is designed to meet the requirements and recommendations of the HSE Manual Handling Regulations 1992 and is mapped to the Ofqual QCF learning outcomes.
Correct manual handling training will reduce the risk of accidents occurring by identifying and preventing them. Manual handling is not difficult to learn but can save a lot of problems for employers and employees. This course covers the moving of objects.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
- Student manual and other free downloads upon purchase
- CPD Time Credit Confirmation
- Evidence Based Training Certificate on completion
- Access to the course for 8 months and other refresher and reminder features
- 3-year nationally recognised certificate
Manual Handling Curriculum Includes:
- Introductory Manual Handling Training
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Guidelines in Manual Handling
- How and Why we Lift Correctly
- Manager's Duties
- Lifting Safety
- Assessing Risks
- Assessing the Individual Move
- Your Spine
- Anatomy of an Injury
- When an Accident Occurs
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Workstation and VDU safety
- Moving and Lifting Objects
- Intro to Box Lifting
- Single Person Lift
- Two Person Lifting
- Working Together
- Moving Unusual Objects
- Odd-Shaped Objects
- Pushing and Pulling
- Lifting Aids
- Using Lifting Aids
- Motorised Lifting Aids
- Conveyor Belts
- Pallet Truck
- Sack Truck
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a Certificate, ID card and a training manual.
£45.00 all Inc.
There are no pre-requisites to enrol on this course however candidates must have the physical ability to carry out the procedures in this course.