IOSH Managing (Safely) Training
IOSH Managing Safely Training
Important Course Information
|Who is the course for?||Line managers / Supervisors and Individuals responsible for teams or groups of employees who require a basic knowledge of Health and Safety|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|Qualification||IOSH Managing Safely Certificate|
IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely Certificate is a dynamic and practical 4 day Health and Safety training course designed to educate line managers on their Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities and build the confidence to put it all into practice.
IOSH Managing Safely Course aims
This course aims to cover all major HSE issues and provide delegates with the right level of knowledge and practical experience needed to manage key issues within their teams.
Who should attend the IOSH Managing Safely Course:
- Line managers
- Individuals responsible for teams or groups of employees who require a basic knowledge of Health and Safety
Learning Objectives of the IOSH Managing Safely Course:
On completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course candidates should be able to:
- Identify their responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain the reasons for preventing workplace accidents
- Explain the reasons for preventing occupational ill health
- Define 'hazard', 'risk' and 'risk assessment'
- Identify common hazards in the work place
- Outline the requirements for the control of waste and pollution
- Identify the best techniques to control key risks
- Identify the demands of the law and how the legal system works
- Describe a health and safety management system
- Identify why and how accidents should be investigated
- Outline basic performance indicators for monitoring activities
- Carry out a risk assessment
IOSH Managing Safely Course Content:
This course covers 8 units over 4 days:
- Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2: Assessing risks
- Module 3: Controlling risks
- Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5: Identifying hazards
- Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
- Module 7: Measuring performance
- Module 8: Protecting our environment
IOSH Managing Safely Course Assessment and Certification:
- An objective (short answer) test
- A practical assessment in the workplace
Each delegate is required to sit a short answer test during the course and submit a hand written practical assessment after
the last day of the course. This paperwork is explained during the course by the tutor.
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
IOSH Managing Safely certificates are issued by the examining body IOSH.
£550.00 all Inc.
There are no pre-requisites to enrol on this course however candidates must have the physical ability to carry out the procedures in this course.