First Aid at Work Course ( 3 Days )
The First Aid at Work course (FAW) is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that they require a fully trained first aider for their workplace. This course is available as a fully accredited QCF qualification or as a ProTrainings CPD certified qualification, all courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981.
This course is run over a minimum of 3 day and the certificate is valid for 3 years. To renew you need to attend a 12 contact hour 2 day FAW requalification course.
This course is ideal for all business types where the risk assessment requires a higher level of training as well as other areas where a more comprehensive first aid course is required.
This course is also available as a Ofqual QCF Level 3 course. QCF qualifications regulated by Ofqual, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and the Welsh Government Department for Education and Skills (DfES Wales) will be permitted to award a qualification in First Aid at Work (FAW) which will be accepted by HSE for the purposes of compliance with regulation 3(2) of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
This new comprehensive Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) is 3 day course and is for learners intending to act as a First Aider in the workplace. This qualification will provide all the required first aid skills necessary to manage a patient that is not breathing normally, is unconscious, bleeding or is ill or injured prior to the arrival of the emergency services. The course is designed to provide the First Aider with the skills necessary to give effective basic life support, diagnose and treat minor and manage major injuries or illness keeping the patient alive until the emergency services arrive. This qualification will be enable the holder of this qualification to deal competently and confidently as a first aid trained member of staff in the workplace.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
What Occupations should use First Aid at Work?
- Construction and Building
- Forestry (see also our FAW Forestry course)
- High risk businesses
- Outdoor Pursuits and Exploring
- Any workplace where a higher level of training is required
First Aid at Work Curriculum Includes:
- Initial Care
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules
- Accident Reporting
- Activating Emergency Medical Services
- Fears of First Aid
- Barriers - gloves and face barriers
- Initial Assessment and airway management
- Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
- Cardiac Problems
- The Heart
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR
- One Rescuer CPR
- Compressions only CPR
- CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer
- Introduction to AED's
- Other Primary Care First Aid Problems
- Adult Choking, Conscious and Unconscious
- Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds
- Shock Management and types of Shock
- Spinal Injury Management
- Specific Injury Management
- Injury Assessment
- Breaks, Fractures and Splinting
- Strains and Sprains
- Types of Wounds and Practice Bandaging different Injuries
- Embedded Objects
- Burns and Scalds
- Head Injuries
- Temperature Injuries - Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion and Hypothermia
- Eye Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- Crush Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Electrical Injuries
- Illness Management
- Illness Assessment
- The Respiratory System and Hypoxia
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Heart Attack
- Asthma and Respiratory Problems
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a HSE First Aid at work (3 day) Certificate, ID card and a training manual.
£180.00 all Inc.
There are no pre-requisites to enrol on this course however candidates must have the physical ability to carry out the procedures in this course.